2022 Fall Campaign Resources
Welcome to the Fall 2022 Resources page! We know that elections are just the start of changing policy. And every two years during election season, we see a surge of people reach out to RESULTS wondering: after voting, what comes next?
That’s why this fall we’ll be taking action with our members of Congress – but even more importantly, we’ll be inviting new people to take those actions with us. We’ll support you to show up at campaign events, reach out into the community, and launch a word-of-mouth campaign, harnessing the power of relationships and shared values to invite people into this work. Our goal is to support all RESULTS groups and advocates to engage in community outreach and election advocacy to grow our movement and our groups.
And we have a powerful action agenda that will support your community engagement. We want them to help us pass and expanded Child Tax Credit by the end of the year, and pass three global bills on malnutrition, education, and TB. Read more about our Fall 2022 Campaign here (pdf).
Working with Congress and Candidates
- Outreach & Impact: “Birddogging” Election Events (Recording, PPT slides)
- Tips and Questions for Attending a Town Hall (Town Hall PDF)
- Lobby Report Form (use this form to report your group’s or state’s lobby meetings; please report each meeting separately)
Working with the Media
- Tailor and send our media template on the Child Tax Credit
- Share copies of what you’ve had published: 2022 Media Successes
- Media Report Form (use this form to let us know you’ve gotten a piece published!)
Working with your Community
Leverage the impact of your advocacy actions by bringing in friends, family, community, and allies to take action with you. Outreach is a critical part of moving political will forward to end poverty and oppression. Below you will find resources on how to do outreach successfully!
- Relational Organizing 101 (Recording and Additional Resources)
- Outreach and Partnership Coordinator Guide
- Outreach How To’s
- August 2022 National Webinar: Outreach
Global Policy Resources
- TB One Pager (PDF) / TB One Pager (Word)
- TB Action Sheet: Using the media to pass legislation
- TB Laser Talk (PDF)
- TB House Dear Colleague Letter (PDF)
- READ Act Leave-Behind (PDF) / READ Act Leave-Behind (Word)
- READ Act Action Sheet (PDF) / READ Act Action Sheet (Word)
- READ Act Laser Talk (PDF)
The Global Malnutrition Prevention and Treatment Act (H.R.4693) was signed by President Biden and became law on October 19, 2022! This is a huge victory that will help save millions of lives around the world. Check out this blog post to learn more about how your advocacy makes a difference.
U.S. Policy Resources
Child Tax Credit
- CTC Leave-Behind (PDF) / CTC Leave-Behind (Word)
- CTC Laser Talks (PDF) / CTC Laser Talks (Word)
- Sen. Romney’s Family Security Act 2.0 Overview
- Making the Conservative Case for the CTC
- CTC Letter to the Editor Action Alert
- CTC Action Sheet (PDF) / CTC Action Sheet (Word)
- Rep. Jayapal CTC Dear Colleague Letter
Renters’ Tax Credit