Starting salary: $70,000
Location requirement: Hybrid/remote arrangement within Washington DC metro area
Desired start date: April 17, 2023
Application deadline: March 10, 2023
RESULTS is a movement of passionate and committed people whose mission is to create the political will to end poverty in the United States and around the world. RESULTS empowers individuals to exercise their personal and political power for change by mobilizing the voices of grassroots constituent advocates throughout its nationwide network to leverage public investment in programs and improved policies that reduce poverty and inequality. Over the last 40 years, RESULTS advocates have been building strong relationships with members of Congress, engaging with the media, and collaborating with an array of partners throughout the country and around the world.
RESULTS identifies the highest-impact policy solutions to poverty and catalyzes an advocacy movement that secures the political leadership, focus, and resources to get the job done. With this strategy and cutting-edge partnerships — comprised of partners across five continents and a network of volunteers in all 50 states — RESULTS has helped to secure hundreds of billions of dollars in new funding for programs and policies that reduce poverty and inequality. It has helped pass legislation that has saved the lives and protected the health of millions of people in low-income countries, helped millions of families globally move out of extreme poverty, and allowed people in the United States to put food on the table, remain stably housed, and move out of poverty.
RESULTS is seeking a highly motivated individual to fill the vacant position of Manager, Development Operations. Reporting to the Associate Vice President of Development Strategy and Administration, the Manager, Development Operations will collaborate with departmental leadership and other members of the development team to support, strengthen, and grow relationships with individual and foundation donors through prospect research and donor analytics, the timely and accurate entry and stewardship of gifts and support for the creation, and management of online fundraising initiatives.
Donation Processing & Reconciliation
- Collect mail from the office at least once each week in coordination with a second person designated by Results Educational Fund (REF), deposit checks received, update donor and gift information in the CRM. Generate and mail acknowledgement letters utilizing appropriate templates, customization, and signers.
- Pull online donation batches two to three times each week, reviewing each donation in the batch to ensure accurate coding and update in the CRM.
- Support the creation of new online fundraising pages and management of active pages. Deactivate fundraising pages that are no longer in use.
- Monitor incoming donations from third party platforms, ensuring each is coded correctly and updated in the CRM.
- Conduct regular reconciliation with the finance team to ensure information in the CRM is in balance with funds that are received and deposited, generating queries as needed to aid in the process.
CRM Maintenance and Data Integrity
- Perform regular review and cleanup of CRM records to ensure a high level of accuracy, focusing on duplicate records, address formatting, gift coding and donor relationships. Proactively review the CRM to identify areas in need of additional clean up and recommend changes or tools to address issues.
- Understand field usage — both how they have been used and how they might optimally be used; continually assess where and how fields have been used inconsistently or sub-optimally and recommend changes to address.
- Regularly review and update the procedures manual to reflect current processes and coding. Review the document at least annually to ensure procedures remain accurate and up to date.
- Ensure the CRM is updated with information regarding recent mailings, moves management actions, or other relational tags and coding.
- Actively participate in and support the integration of technology into development workflows by helping to define needs, participating in system demonstrations, actively supporting migrations and implementations, and providing training to team members about new technologies and functionality.
Donor Research, Analytics, and Reporting
- Help to define and regularly report on key performance indicators for the department. Generate activity and performance reports for development leadership as requested.
- Respond to inquiries from development team about specific donations and donors.
- In collaboration with the AVP, build queries and reports in the CRM as needed for mailings, blast emails, donor visits, fundraising events, charitable registration filings, annual tax letters, annual reports, audit, or other purposes. Export data from the CRM, ensuring accuracy and alignment with stated purpose.
- Perform research on donors and prospects as requested, both in batch and individual formats. Generate donor profiles as requested for visits, events, and other purposes.
- Pull data from the CRM, perform analysis on the data, and summarize it in a way that illustrates trends or reports on key performance indicators.
Support for Department Leadership
- Coordinate and schedule meetings for the VP and AVP as requested.
- Organize and arrange travel, gather documentation, and submit expense reports for the VP and AVP as requested.
- Coordinate projects and events for the department as requested by the VP and AVP.
- This list is not exhaustive, may be revised/revisited periodically, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in work or life experience.
- Four years of experience in development operations including donation processing, CRMs, prospect research, and data analysis.
- Proficiency in MS Office and Sharepoint, with advanced skills in Excel to facilitate data analysis.
- Solid experience in donor database management, including gift processing, data hygiene, and list generation.
- Ability to manage online giving pages, process donations and updates via the interface between online tools and the CRM.
- Experience using prospect research tools for bulk and individual donor screenings and profile generation.
- Prior experience preferred in preparing for and actively participating in a database migration or the vetting and implementation of new technology that supports development.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Experience analyzing, segmenting, and summarizing complex data in ways that make it understandable and meaningful for others.
- Ability to elicit and clarify information and work collaboratively with team members in a way that maximizes and optimizes input and output.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, meet multiple deadlines, and maintain the highest quality of work.
- Ability to work independently, with a range of stakeholders, and as part of diverse teams.
- High degree of professionalism and discretion; ability to handle confidential information appropriately.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and high level of emotional intelligence.
- Commitment to equity and anti-oppression values.
- Limited but occasional travel may be required.
- Some evening and weekend work may be required.
- Physical demands of the position include ability to sit and work at the computer.
- For all staff and their families, RESULTS Educational Fund pays 100% of the premiums and out-of-pocket costs (deductibles, co-pays, prescriptions, etc.) for our CareFirst reference plan, which includes medical and dental coverage.
- Coverage begins on the first day of the month following (or coinciding with) your start date.
Flexible Spending Accounts
- RESULTS offers flexible spending accounts for medical, dependent care, and transportation/parking costs to which employees may contribute with pre-tax payroll deductions.
- Employees are eligible for flexible spending accounts on the first day of the month following 90 days of employment up to the limits allowable by the IRS.
Retirement & Other Benefits
- RESULTS offers a 401(k) Retirement Plan which has both pre- and post-tax contribution options.
- Employees are eligible to enroll on the first day of the month following their date of hire.
- To enroll, an employee must designate an individual contribution (via payroll deductions) and choose from among a variety of investment options.
- In addition, RESULTS will begin making an employer match on the first day of the month following an employee’s one-year service anniversary. Under a Safe Harbor Agreement, RESULTS has agreed to match 100% of the employee contribution up to 3% of salary, then match 50% on any additional contributions up to 5% of salary.
- RESULTS also offers short-term disability, long-term disability, and life insurance coverage at no cost to employees. Short term disability insurance monthly benefit maximum: 60% of weekly earnings to a maximum of $1,500. Long-term disability insurance monthly benefit maximum: 60% of monthly earnings to a maximum of $6,000. The life insurance benefit amount is one year’s salary up to $300,000 maximum. The effective date for this coverage is the employee’s date of hire.
- RESULTS offers generous paid annual leave earned on an accrual basis and carried forward from year-to-year but capped at the following levels: 15 days of vacation, 10 days of sick leave, and 5 days of personal leave.
- All leave (other than emergency sick leave) must be approved in advance by the supervisor.
- New employees will earn leave pro-rata based on their date of hire and may use vacation and personal leave upon successful completion of 90 days of employment.
- RESULTS generally observes nine (9) official holidays each year. In addition, all offices are closed between the Christmas Day and New Year’s Day holidays with no requirement to use annual leave.
Equal Opportunity Statement
RESULTS EDUCATIONAL FUND’S COMMITMENT TO ANTI-OPPRESSION, DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION
RESULTS believes that poverty cannot end as long as oppression exists, and it is committed to creating an equitable workplace. People of color, members of LGBTQ+ communities, and people with firsthand experience of poverty are strongly encouraged to apply. RESULTS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, disability, religion, ethnicity, national origin, gender, or sexual orientation. Poverty cannot end as long as oppression exists. RESULTS commits to opposing all forms of oppression, including ableism, ageism, biphobia, classism, colonialism, homophobia, racism, religious discrimination, sexism, transphobia, white saviorism, and xenophobia.
RESULTS pledges to create space for all voices, including those who are currently experiencing poverty. It will address oppressive behavior in its interactions, families, communities, work, and world. Its strength is rooted in its diversity of experiences, not in its assumptions.
With unearned privilege comes the responsibility to act so the burden to educate and change doesn’t fall solely on those experiencing oppression. When RESULTS misses the mark on its values, it will acknowledge its mistake, seek forgiveness, learn, and work together as a community to pursue equity. There are no saviors — only partners, advocates, and allies. RESULTS agrees to help make its movement a respectful, inclusive space.
Process for Applying
Due to the volume of submissions, we will not be able to respond to all applicants. Please send a one page writing sample, cover letter, and your resume to [email protected] with a subject line of: “Manager, Development Operations.” The cut off date for applications is March 10, 2023. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and interviews will be scheduled with qualified candidates.
Please note all applicants must be authorized to work in the United States; RESULTS is unable to sponsor work visas for this position at this time.
This position is based in Washington, DC. Due to COVID-19, all staff are currently working remotely/hybrid and following the CDC COVID-19 guidelines. This position will be expected to work from RESULT’s office in Washington, DC once conditions for return are met.