Together Women Rise December 2023 Webinar
Advocacy matters! Our final webinar of the year featured Colin Puzo Smith, Director of Global Policy at RESULTS, shared the ways in which your advocacy made significant progress in our fight to end TB, and deliver access to quality education for the most marginalized. Thank you Rise advocates!
Below are resources to take action on the READ Act: you can continue to write letters to the Editor and send the message on the importance of education to your elected officials and your community. Or you continue your persistent follow-up with your member of the House, now that the READ Act has passed the Senate, and request that they co-sponsor the bill by the end of this year.
- Webinar recording
- Presentation slides (PDF)
- Blog post – The Senate passes the READ Act Reauthorization: here are some steps to ensure it becomes law!
- Published Media on Global Poverty (January through December 2023)
- Online Action: Please co-sponsor the READ Act Reauthorization
Send a message to your Representative in the House with this action and ask that they co-sponsor the bill before the year ends!
- Media Action Alert: Congress must pass the READ Act reauthorization
Use this online template to help you draft and submit a letter to the Editor
- Register and share an invitation to 2024 Together Women Rise Advocacy Chapter Orientation
2024 will be another critical year for advocacy on nutrition, maternal and child health, education, and TB! Invite your Rise chapter members and others in your network to learn more about the Together Women Rise Advocacy Chapter and how they can become a change agent for the just world we seek!Take a look at media published by Together Women Rise volunteers from 2022 to 2023 linked here.