RESULTS Webinar: Poverty and the Election, What’s Next?
The 2016 election provides you a great opportunity to grow your local RESULTS group and broaden our influence on issues of poverty. People are more politically engaged and want their vote to mean something even after the election. You can provide that by introducing them to RESULTS. Each new person we add to the RESULTS family brings us that much closer to realizing a world without poverty.
Outreach is also an important part of RESULTS’ success. It is more than likely that you came to RESULTS because of some kind of outreach – a group start meeting, a one-on-one conversation, a RESULTS Intro Call, or our website. Think of the actions you’ve taken, successes you’ve had, and people you’ve influenced by being a part of RESULTS. Why not give others the opportunity to experience that.
Across the country, RESULTS groups hosted houseparties geared so that both experienced volunteers and people brand new to RESULTS could come together to create a stronger voice for the end of poverty. The webinar was a great success. Below are resources to review what was discussed:
November 2016 National Outreach Webinar slides (PDF)
National Outreach Webinar Recording
National Outreach Webinar Summary
Promotional and Supporting Materials
- Outreach Webinar Full-page Flyer
- Outreach Webinar Half-page Flyer
- Outreach Webinar Picture (use this on social media and include local meeting details in the text of your post)
- Sample Agenda for Outreach Meeting
- RESULTS Overview PowerPoint
- RESULTS Meeting Flyer (to advertise your next monthly meeting)
- RESULTS Participation Form
- RESULTS Event Sign-in Sheet
- Outreach Action Sheet: Congress Must Support Policies that Create Economic Mobility (Word version)
- Outreach Action Sheet: Tell Congress to Protect Hungry Families (Word version)
- The Center for Global Policy Solutions's updated Policy Agenda to Close the Racial Wealth Gap