Host a table in your community to spread the word
February 23, 2021
This article is part of Advocacy Basics: Working with the Community.
A fun way to let people know about RESULTS is to host a table at an event in your community. Many local events allow groups and vendors to set up tables so attendees can browse for different opportunities in their area. This is a very non-threatening way to get RESULTS in front of people, answer questions about what we’re up to, and invite people to sign up for the RESULTS Action Network.
Where Could I Set Up a Table?
- Volunteer fairs
- Community expos
- Conferences related to social justice
RESULTS Materials to Include on Your Table
- RESULTS materials
- Copies of the latest relevant outreach action sheet
- Online sign-up for the RESULTS Action Network
- Relevant campaign reports, and even Sam Daley-Harris’ book, Reclaiming Our Democracy
Other Items for a Great Table
- Bright, active pictures from our publications or your advocacy
- A large mounted color print of our logo
- A table covering that matches our logo’s color (you can also order one of these on our marketing materials page)
- Flyers with details on your next meeting
- A bucket of candy — no kidding! People are always attracted to the tables with food.