Global Poverty Weekly Update: Happy New Year 2016!
Global Poverty Campaigns
Weekly Update | Happy New Year 2016!
Quote of the Week
“It is tenderness for the past, courage for the present, hope for the future. It is a fervent wish that every cup may overflow with blessings rich and eternal, and that every path may lead to peace.”
– Agnes M. Pharo
2016 Kicks Off! Take Care of Some Details. Then Join the January 9 National Grassroots Webinar!
1. First, Group Reporting for 2015. If you want your group's work to be counted in our numbers, catch up on your group reporting on outreach, media, and meetings with members of Congress here:
Report on the Whole Month's Activity
2. Next, Book Face-to-Face Meetings with Congress for January Recess (Week of January 18). Get top tips on how to book, or start the process right from our website.
3. Third, Individual Planning Form for 2016. What Can YOU Dream Up? Start now to begin work on your 2016 Individual Planning Form. This first piece of the 2016 Group Planning process enables you, as a free agent or as part of a RESULTS group, to scheme first on what you'd like to learn, contribute, and accomplish in 2016. Then you'll be ready for us to kick off Group Planning in early January.
4. Don't Forget to Decide on a Time in January to Do Group Planning. Find the group planning materials on our website. Please submit your completed group plans to your Regional Coordinator by January 31.
5. Finally, Plan to Attend the National Grassroots Webinar on Saturday, January 9. Saturday, January 9 at 2 pm ET will be the time and place for our first national grassroots webinar/conference call of 2016, and that's the ideal time to work on your planning! Our special guest will be Lawrence Haddad, a Senior Research Fellow in the International Food Policy Research Institute’s Poverty Health and Nutrition Division. We'll also be highlighting group planning for 2016. Login information: https://www.fuzemeeting.com/fuze/f2988286/30204806. To join by phone only, dial (201) 479-4595, meeting ID 30204806. Take a look at this recent Huffington Post piece by Haddad, and then adapt and share this invitation flyer to spread the word about this first event of the year!
Stay tuned for information on upcoming issue "deep dive" webinars and other great training opportunities 2016.
January 4. RESULTS office opens for 2016.
January 9, 2 pm ET. National Grassroots Webinar (Global Campaigns). Login information: https://www.fuzemeeting.com/fuze/f2988286/30204806. To join by phone only, dial (201) 479-4595, meeting ID 30204806.
January 13, 9 pm ET. RESULTS Introductory Call. The perfect RESULTS primer. Contact us with any questions and RSVP for the call.
January 25, 8 pm ET. Are you a RESULTS activist with our global poverty campaigns, living in a town with no RESULTS group? You are alone no more! To join, go to http://fuze.me/27781074 or (201) 479-4595, meeting ID 27781074. Contact Lisa Marchal, Senior Global Grassroots Associate, for more information on this gathering.
June 25-28. RESULTS 2016 International Conference.
Resources at Your Fingertips
Subscribe to the Weekly Update
Advocacy Resources (Weekly updates, action sheets, online action alerts, and more)
Global Poverty Campaigns Background
Report Your 2015 Advocacy
2015 Global Congressional Scorecard (See global poverty actions your members of Congress have taken over the past few years.)
Who Are the New(est) Members of Congress? (scroll down page)