Global Allies Program: Partners Ending Poverty with RESULTS (May 2022 Webinar)
During our May Global Allies Program monthly webinar, we celebrated our successes on the House FY23 appropriations “Dear Colleague” letters, the passing of H.R. 4693 (Global Malnutrition Prevention and Treatment Act), and our return back to in-person advocacy in Washington D.C.
We also took very critical, and timely, actions with our Senators on Maternal and Child Health (MCH) and Nutrition, the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, TB, and Malaria, and Tuberculosis.
- Webinar Slides (PDF/PPT)
- Blog Post: FY23 Appropriations – Tell Congress to Fund the Fight Against Poverty
- FY23 appropriations memos
Steps to taking this action:
1. Determine which of the three requests you would like to send to the office. Check the scorecards linked below and see what issues and what letters your Representative has previously signed on to.
2. Review the Legislator Lookup function on our website, find the name of the foreign policy aide. You can email them using this format: [email protected]. If you need any assistance in finding your office’s foreign policy aide, please contact Karyne ([email protected])
3. Copy and personalize this draft message to the aide, highlighting why the issue is important to you as a returned Peace Corps volunteer and hit send!
4. Follow up! Contact the office and confirm they received the request before we break for the weekend. You may call the Capitol Switchboard and connect to your Senator’s office at (202) 224 – 3121. And if you don’t hear back, continue to follow up and get a response on whether they will sign; if they’ve signed, be sure that they follow procedures to make their formal request to the State and Foreign Operations Subcommittee (SFOPS) by their May 19 deadline.
Sign up here for coaching support between our monthly webinars if you need more support. We will assign you a coach to go over the monthly actions and help you find ways to deepen your advocacy and relationships with your members of congress.