Working with the Community: Activist Milestone #1
October 22nd, 2009
Host a Table in your Community to Share the Word about RESULTS
A fun way to let people know about RESULTS is to host a table at an event in your community. Many local events allow groups and vendors to set up tables so attendees can browse for different opportunities in their area. This is a very non-threatening way to get RESULTS in front of people, answer questions about what we’re up to, and invite people to sign up for the RESULTS Action Network.
Where Could I Set Up a Table?
- Volunteer fairs
- Community expos
- Conferences related to social justice
RESULTS Materials to Include on Your Table
- RESULTS Materials
- Copies of the latest relevant outreach Action Sheet
- Sign-up sheet for the RESULTS Action Network which includes spaces for name, city + state, and e-mail. (Mail, with explanatory note, to DC office after the event — RESULTS, 1101 15th Street NW, Suite 1200, Washington, DC 20005, Attn: Cynthia Stancil)
- Copies of our quarterly publication, The RESULTS Advocate, relevant campaign reports, and even Sam Daley-Harris’ book
Other Items for a Great Table
- Bright, active pictures from our publications or your advocacy
- A large framed color print of our logo
- A table covering that matches our logo’s color
- Flyers with details on your next meeting
- A bucket of candy — no kidding! People are always attracted to the tables with food.