Rise September 2022 Webinar: End TB Now (S. 3386/ H.R. 8654)
September 21, 2022
On our September Webinar, we celebrated the passage of many of our global poverty initiatives – Global Malnutrition Prevention and Treatment Act, the READ Act, and the replenishment of the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, TB, and Malaria. Your advocacy matters!
The news we are celebrating:
- The READ Act Reauthorization (H.R. 7240) has passed the House! Please see the press release here from lead Rep. Karen Bass of CA.
- Now that the READ Act has passed the House, let’s use this momentum to follow up with our Senators. Use this online action and request that they co-sponsor S. 3938.
- The Global Malnutrition Prevention and Treatment Act has passed the Senate! Please see the update here on Congress.gov.
- And the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, TB, and Malaria held its 7th Replenishment in NYC and announced that they had raised $14.25 billion for the next three years. This is the largest amount ever raised, despite not yet reaching the goal of $18 billion. Read more about it here.
Now let’s work collectively to End TB Now!
- September Webinar Recording
- Slides (PDF/PPT)
- Fact Sheet on Tuberculosis & End TB Now Act (S. 3386/ H.R. 8654)
- Online Action: Ask your Representative and Senators to co-sponsor the End TB Now act