RESULTS 2022 Grassroots Board Nominations
Would you like to take leadership in shaping our RESULTS community? Do you know someone who you think would be a strong voice for guiding our national organization?
We are pleased to announce that we are now accepting nominations for the RESULTS & RESULTS Educational Fund Grassroots Board Member election to fill Maxine Thomas’ seat after her second three year term ending in July 2022. Maxine’s seat is one of four grassroots volunteers on our board. You can nominate someone who you think would be a strong voice representing RESULTS volunteers OR you can nominate yourself if you want to take a bold new step in leadership. The election will be held this summer. Nominations will close on Monday, May 2, 2022.
Role of the Grassroots Board Members
Grassroots Board Members play a vital role in RESULTS, representing our volunteer network on the Board of Directors and the Executive Committee of the Boards of RESULTS and RESULTS Educational Fund. These leaders provide an important bridge between the grassroots network, Board, and organization. They help connect us with what makes RESULTS unique and successful: our passionate and active grassroots members.
The Executive Committee of the Board is the primary governing body of the organization and all Grassroots Board members are on this committee. Grassroots Board Members responsibilities include:
- Serving a three-year term on the Board and its Executive Committee.
- Working with RESULTS leadership to shape the direction of the organization, while also advising on anti-poverty campaigns, and approving annual budget, operational policies, and strategic plans
- Leading or serving on at least one Board Committee, e.g. Board Development, Issues, Fundraising, Bylaws or Finance Committees.
- Attending in person the full Board meeting twice a year, which are held in Washington D.C. (financial assistance available for travel costs).
- Participating in Executive Committee and monthly phone or Zoom meetings of the Grassroots Board Member Committee
- Helping RESULTS & RESULTS Educational Fund reach annual fundraising goals in some capacity. Examples of assistance include: hosting a fundraising event, speaking at fundraising events, making personal donations to RESULTS & RESULTS Educational Fund and identifying prospective donors
- Facilitating the elections of new Grassroots Board Members.
Who Should be Nominated?
We encourage participation from any active RESULTS volunteer, including those from diverse populations, such as young advocates and those often underrepresented at the table. Eligible Grassroots Board Member candidates must have at least one year of active experience as a RESULTS volunteer in the United States and be:
- a current volunteer
- committed to the mission of RESULTS and the anti-oppression values, and
- ready and willing to meet the responsibilities of Grassroots Board Members.
Nominations of candidates for the open Grassroots Board Member position must reach the RESULTS office by Monday, May 2nd. Candidates can nominate themselves or be nominated by any active RESULTS grassroots member. Please email your nomination to Jesse Marsden at [email protected].
What Happens After Nominations?
Following nominations, nominees will submit candidate promotional materials and attend and participate in the Quarterly Grassroots Town Hall on Thursday, May 12 at 9:00 PM ET, RESULTS International Conference and possibly a national webinar, as well.
Candidates should submit a photo, brief RESULTS biography, statement of intent and video by May 10, 2022.
We hope that you can help us identify great candidates. Thank you so much for your participation!
Jennifer M. Koo
Lindsay K. Saunders