Global Poverty Weekly Update July 13, 2015
Global Poverty Campaigns
Weekly Update | July 13, 2015
*Stream select sessions from the International Conference!* Go to our International Conference Resources page later this week for access to streaming sessions.
*Then customize and send a press release about your participation at the conference. Leaving on a jet plane to learn and make an impact in Washington? Tell your local community about it! YOU are the story hook! Check out the customizable press release on our website.
Other items to help you prepare . . .
1. Do a Last Review of the Preparation Checklist. Want to know what to expect? How to prepare? What to pack? Use this handy checklist as your guide, and take a look at our International Conference resources page.
2. Enlist Others to Be Involved as You Prepare for Lobby Day. Are you inviting those who can't attend the conference to write letters of support on our issues to their legislators and send them with you to be hand-delivered when you go to the Hill to meeting with Congress?
3. Report Your Lobby Day Meetings When They're Scheduled. Once you've booked your meetings, report them via our online form.
4. Review Our Campaigns Info for Your Lobby Planning. Check out our campaigns briefing materials, prepared especially for the conference.
5. Invite Your Members of Congress to the Lobby Day Reception. Customize this invitation and ask your members of Congress to join you (and us) at the July 21 Lobby Day evening reception that will cap off the end of a terrific day of advocating on the Hill.
As we await maternal/child health legislation in the Senate and House, we are working to create incredible political will that will help move the legislation toward success once it's introduced.
Missed the chance earlier this summer to weigh in on our survey for grassroots advocates? Here's your chance to take part! The online survey remains open for your input, but not for long, so share your thoughts with us today.
July 18-21. RESULTS International Conference in Washington, DC. Registration is open.
August 8, 2 pm ET. National Grassroots Webinar (Global Campaigns). More information forthcoming.
Resources at Your Fingertips
Advocacy Resources (Weekly updates, action sheets, online action alerts, and more)
Report Your 2015 Advocacy
2015 Global Congressional Scorecard (See global poverty actions your members of Congress have taken over the past few years.)
Who Are the New(est) Members of Congress? (scroll down page)
Quote of the Week
"If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more, and become more, you are a leader."
– John Quincy Adams