Global Laser Talk Sept. 2013: EFA Act
September 17, 2013
Take Action on the Education for All Act, HR 2780
Capital Switchboard: 202 224-3121
- Engage: Hello, my name is xxxx and I am a constituent. Without education, neither you nor I would be where we are today, and we’d likely be very poor.
- Problem: But this is the future for 57 million out-of-school children and millions more who can’t read even after attending school. It’s bad for them, their countries, and for the U.S.
- Inform: We can ensure more kids get a quality education by investing our existing global education resources more wisely.
- Call to Action #1: This is what the Education for All Act does. I’m calling to ask that the Representative cosponsor HR 2780. I can send you more information. When can someone get back to me on this?
- Call to Action #2: If Your Representative is Already a Cosponsor (you can find out here): I want to thank the Representative for cosponsoring HR 2780, the Education for All Act. We really need this bill to be bipartisan, would the Representative be willing to reach out to his favorite colleague in the other party and ask him/her to cosponsor as well? When can someone get back to me?