Global Allies Program: Partners Ending Poverty with RESULTS (August 2023 Webinar)
What will be your next step to get your member of Congress to take action on TB? The advocacy journey can be challenging, and after several follow ups with your Representative and Senators, you may not immediately hear a response. Or you may finally hear a “no.” Check out the recorded webinar and resources to determine your next steps and stay the course – PUPO (Persistence Usually Pays Off!):
- Webinar recording
- Slides (PPT / PDF)
- Sample email to Senate Foreign Relations aide encouraging your Senators to sign on by the September 7 deadline.
- Share this online advocacy action: 9/7 Deadline! Ask Senators to Sign Crucial TB Letter
- See the final letter sent to the Biden Administration on July 13, signed by 108 members of the House demanding bold U.S. Leadership to end TB at the upcoming UN High-Level Meeting (HLM) on TB. Follow up with your Representatives who may have signed this letter but have not yet cosponsored the End TB Now Act (H.R. 1776/ S.288). You may take the online action here (this will message your Rep. and both Senators!).
- Write a letter to the editor; find a sample here to get you started!
- Learn more about the upcoming UN Global Health High-Level Meetings here.