Global Allies Program: Partners Ending Poverty with RESULTS (April 2022 Webinar)
Find resources to take critical action on FY23 appropriations for Maternal and Child Health (MCH) and Nutrition, the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, TB, and Malaria, and Tuberculosis.
Deadlines on three critical House Dear Colleague letters are rapidly approaching – take action today!
Deadline: Monday, April 18, 2022
FY23 House Maternal and Child Health and Nutrition Dear Colleague Letter
- Bipartisan letter led by Reps. Sara Jacobs (D-CA), Brian Fitzpatrick (R-PA), Jim McGovern (D-MA) and Young Kim (R-CA)
- Asks appropriators for $300 million for Global Nutrition within USAID Global Health
Deadline: April 22, 2022
FY23 House Global Fund to Fight AIDS, TB, and Malaria Dear Colleague Letter
- Bipartisan letter led by Reps. Chrissy Houlahan (D-PA), Ami Bera (D-CA), Jenniffer González-Colón (R-PR) and Peter Meijer (R-MI)
- Asks appropriators to significantly increase funding for the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (Global Fund)
- Bipartisan letter led by Reps. Ami Bera (D-CA) and Ann Wagner (R-MO)
- Asks appropriators for $1 billion for USAID’s global TB program and $225 million for the CDC’s domestic TB program
Steps to taking this action:
- Determine which of the three requests you would like to send to the office. Check the scorecards linked below and see what issues and what letters your Representative has previously signed on to.
- Review the Legislator Lookup function on our website, find the name of the foreign policy aide. You can email them using this format: [email protected]. If you need any assistance in finding your office’s foreign policy aide, please contact Karyne ([email protected])
- Copy and personalize this draft message to the aide, highlighting why the issue is important to you as a returned Peace Corps volunteer, and hit send!
- Follow up! Contact the office and confirm they received the request before we break for the weekend. You may call the Capitol Switchboard and connect to your office at (202) 224 – 3121. And if you don’t hear back, continue to follow up and get a response on whether they will sign; if they’ve signed, be sure that they follow procedures to make their formal request to the State and Foreign Operations Subcommittee (SFOPS) by their April 27 deadline.
- Blog Post: FY23 Appropriations – Tell Congress to Fund the Fight Against Poverty
- FY23 appropriations memos
Thanks in advance for taking this critical action! Sign up for coaching support between our monthly webinars if you need more support. We will assign you a coach to go over the monthly actions and help you find ways to deepen your advocacy and relationships with your members of congress. Sign up here!