- This event has passed.
Race Literacy and Healing 101: A Foundation for Change, 2 pm ET
April 30 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm EDT
This program is designed to educate and empower volunteers and the communities they serve. It is designed to provide a framework and foundation from which the entire organization can enhance equity, and become race literate. This program draws on history, science, research, and storytelling, providing context for our current crisis. It introduces vital information that helps participants understand the context of racial biases, how racial trauma gets passed on, and how racial conditioning affects all areas of life, recruiting, retention, mentoring, and much more.
This 1.5-hour seminar will cover:
● The five dimensions of racial conditioning and how they impact our lives
● Racial conditioning’s effect on communication and decision making
● How historic trauma impacts implicit and explicit bias
● How race affects recruiting and retention
● Lays the groundwork for transformation
To register, fill out the event Google form.
This is an all-RESULTS event spear-headed by the Capitol Region of RESULTS groups.
All times Eastern Time (ET)