Not Going to the International Conference in Washington, DC? Don't Worry!
The International Conference is a spectacular once-a-year event, but just because you can’t attend this time around doesn’t mean you can’t be part of the action and momentum that the conference offers.
- Someone from your group going to the conference? Write a letter on one of our issues and give it to that attendee so it can be hand-delivered to Capitol Hill!
- Ask the congressional office scheduler if a group member who is at home can be connected via video conference or conference call to a DC meeting on Lobby Day.
- Take time now to book an in-district meeting with your senator or representative for the August recess.
- Alert your local media that a fellow activist is making the trek to Washington to speak up and speak out!
- Make a donation to the Karen McQuillan Fund to help a fellow RESULTS’er make it to this or a future conference.
- Organize folks at home to make calls to congressional offices on Lobby Day (Tuesday, July 24) to support our issues. (You can find a list of recent action sheets in our archive, and these will help you with your requests.)
- Tweet with our conference hashtag, #RESULTSConf, and follow the action, too!
You may not be able to make it to DC in person, but you can still be part of what we’re all achieving together.