National Outreach Event Will Be Successful with Follow Up
At least 43 groups held Outreach–Stand Up events on October 17 and an additional 10+ groups are planning on using the Dr. Paul Farmer recording for outreach events in the coming several weeks. Great work everyone! Let’s grow this movement!
In order for your event to be truly successful, follow up is key. Here are items groups should be sure to follow up on:
- New Activist Documentation: Make sure to send in the Participation Forms for new activists in to the office: Cynthia Stancil, 1730 Rhode Island Ave NW, Suite 400, Washington, DC 20036.
- New Activist Training: Invite new activists to the New Activist Training sessions (October 26, November 2, 9, 16) at 9 pm ET. Contact Lisa Marchal ASAP to sign them up. If they are not able to attend the training, please see that they are able to do the RESULTS Basics Training by visiting the New Activists section of our website and our RESULTS Musings Blog for global campaign recordings.
- Taking Action: Encourage those who attended your meeting to take action on our House letter to President Obama on the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria.
- Taking Action: Encourage those who did not attend your event to take action as well. Tell them how the event went and encourage them to watch the Paul Farmer portion of the day.
- Follow Up Event: Make sure that everyone knows when the next group meeting or event is so you can keep the momentum going. Having two meetings per month, providing good training (see #2 above), and keeping new people in action will be key to their future involvement.