Training Module 5
RESULTS Group Leader Training
The Delegate-Plan module introduces the foundational elements of planning group activities, making and delegating assignments, and communicating for action. Using these tools helps clarify and encourage accountability.
Your Learning Objectives:
- Communicate effectively as leader in a way that intensifies meaning, encourages action, creates accountability, and inspires.
- Develop confidence and skill in delegating and assigning work as well as following up
- Learn ways to lead group to set and manage to goals and plans and to successfully achieve results
- Learn to communicate for action
- Explore ways to:
- recognize phases of group development
- encourage learning and growth through assignments, coaching and acknowledgement
- engage advocate group in planning and setting goals
- hold group and group members accountable
Your Learning Sequence: (to be completed in 3 weeks)
- Overview of Learning Plan
- Group Dynamics, Goal-setting, Planning, Delegation, Accountability – All for Results
This document will help you achieve the objectives below:
- Group Dynamics – Does your group simply weather change . . . or seek to harness its power?
- Goal-setting and planning – Set expectations with advocates. Set individual and group goals to plan and achieve great outcomes.
- Delegation/Assuming Accountability – Match assignments to readiness of advocates. Vary advocate assignments over time to develop transferable skills and maintain interest and challenge and to build bench strength.
- Review “The Speech Acts” by Seven Stones Leadership. This document will help you achieve the objective below:
- Communication that Produces Results – Make clear and specific requests with purposes and context. Use requests to take on/commit to actions; review results.
- Practice effective goal setting, delegation and communication for action in group meetings
- Welcome and Agenda for Meeting
- Review successes, achievements and progress on commitments
- Describe new work and collaborate to determine approach
- Organize assignments going forward
- Review next steps and commitments
- Appreciation and thanks
- Review/learn Advocate roles and tasks to:
- Orient new advocates and provide appropriate assignments
- Develop and advance advocates at increasing levels of engagement. Intentionally make or change assignments to build depth in group and progress advocate skills.
- Participate in weekly group leader meetings led by Regional Coordinator
- Note to participate in annual January group planning