Rise October 2022 Webinar: End TB Now (S. 3386/ H.R. 8654)
On our October Together Women Rise Advocacy Chapter Webinar we joined together to continue taking action on the End TB Now Act (H.R. 8654 / S. 3386).
TB is the second leading cause of death from infections after COVID-19—-it was the leader before this pandemic. And women suffer disproportionately, as discussed in this blog: Advocacy Update: Tuberculosis is a Woman’s Issue | Together Women Rise. TB affects women worldwide and is especially significant for pregnancy outcomes. You might also want to watch this short video about a pregnant mom here in the US who discovered she had TB.
Find resources to take this month’s advocacy action below:
- October Webinar Recording
- Slides (PDF/PPT)
- Fact Sheet on Tuberculosis & End TB Now Act (S. 3386/ H.R. 8654)
- Congressional Scoresheet (See if your member of Congress has co-sponsored)
- Call your representative’s office and ask them to co-sponsor (here is a script to get your started)
- Online Action: Ask your Representative and Senators to co-sponsor the End TB Now act