RESULTS & Stop Hunger Now
RESULTS and Stop Hunger Join Forces to End Poverty
Stop Hunger Now’s meal packaging program provides volunteers the opportunity to package dehydrated, high protein, and highly nutritious meals that are used in crisis situations and in school feeding programs for schools and orphanages in developing countries around the world. It is life-changing service. For many volunteers it is the first time they have ever taken meaningful action to address global poverty, and the experience makes them want to do more.
That’s where RESULTS comes in. RESULTS trains and supports people like you to take the next step to address global poverty. By directly advocating for poverty solutions with our members of Congress, together we can address the root causes of poverty around the globe.
Take the Next Step
- Take an on line action today.
- Join one of our 30-minute Introduction to RESULTS calls to learn more. Find a schedule here.
- Find a local RESULTS chapter to join.
- Join our action network to receive regular updates and actions.
- Speak to someone about your interests. Contact Lisa Marchal (317) 529-5182 or Ken Patterson (828) 398-4562
Here are some the changes RESULTS volunteers have helped create. You could be a part of the change. Take the next step today.
- The number of children without access to primary school has dropped from 125 million to 61 million in 7 years.
- In 1980 the number of children under age 5 dying of preventable causes was 40,000 per day. RESULTS’ child survival advocacy efforts have helped reduce child deaths to 21,000 per day.
- Today, because of the Microcredit Summit Campaign, a project of RESULTS, and RESULTS volunteer advocacy, microfinance now reaches over 138 million of the world’s poorest people.
- RESULTS volunteers have advocated for the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, TB, and Malaria, which has saved estimated 7.7 million lives.