We strive to grow our RESULTS groups for two reasons:
- Activists will come and go depending on what is happening in their lives. Some will move, go back to school, have babies, have health problems, or take care of aging parents. Many of our activists come back after these kinds of life events, but we must constantly encourage new activists to join.
- The movement to end poverty requires more people. We will create the political will to end poverty much more quickly if we have the ability to educate and mobilize large portions of our communities (this takes more activist), and when we have groups in every district in the U.S (this will require more groups).
We ask each of our groups to lead at least four outreach meetings or events each year to attract and secure the commitment of new RESULTS partners. We also ask our groups to meet twice each month to keep momentum going and so that new people have a venue in which to get to know the group.
Below are some resources for helping to grow your group:
- Check out our partnerships: Stop Hunger Now
- Outreach resources for Education For All work in August 2011
- World TB Day Outreach Resources
- Stand Up, Take Action: Make Noise for the MDGs! Global National Outreach Weekend Planning Guide (September 17-19, 2010)
- Our Working with the Community Activist Milestones
- World AIDS Day Outreach Resources
- Individual Planning Sheet for New Activists
- Outreach Follow-Up
- Powerful Advocacy Stories
- Sample Outreach Meeting Outline
- Sample Outreach Meeting Script
- Sample RESULTS FAQ Handout
- Steps to Becoming a RESULTS Activist
- National Outreach – Stand Up Event (October 17, 2009) Support Materials