5 Reasons to Join Us for the RESULTS International Conference
1. Help build the future you — want now. The elections may be around the corner, but right now we can set the course on some of the most critical poverty issues of our time. Will this country finally start to close the racial wealth gap? Will world leaders commit to do what it takes this year to tackle childhood malnutrition and the global TB, AIDS, and malaria epidemics — some of the planet’s biggest killers and drivers of poverty? Your voice this summer can help make sure the answer is “yes.”
2. Develop your advocacy skills. Whether you’re a seasoned veteran or just starting out, there are skill-building workshops for every advocate. The focus of new sessions this summer range from using different media platforms in “On the Air: Reaching Your Community Through the Radio” to making the end of poverty a political priority in “RESULTS and the 2016 Elections: Engaging Candidates on the Campaign Trail.”
3. Take Capitol Hill by storm. After three days of training, cutting-edge policy information, and inspiration, you’ll turn your skills and knowledge into action in meetings with the House and Senate on Tuesday, June 28. In moving congressional offices to action, there is no substitute for constituent voices. That’s why we need you on Capitol Hill.
4. Help build a global movement. Last year, we had 535 attendees from across the U.S. and from 23 countries around the world. We’ll use this year’s conference to continue to grow our national and global community. It will be a great opportunity to connect with advocates from across the U.S. and every corner of the globe, to share your skills and stories, and to learn from others.
5. Have fun! You can belt out a tune on karaoke night, participate in our annual 5k dash, or take a moonlit walk on the National Mall. No matter how you slice it, you’re guaranteed a good time at the RESULTS International Conference.