Global Poverty Campaigns Weekly Update June 25, 2018
Global Poverty Campaigns
Weekly Update | Week of June 25, 2018
"Right now, the Reach Every Mother and Child Act can help end preventable deaths of millions of mothers and children in our world. Speak up to help it pass."
– Willie Dickerson, RESULTS Snohomish, in a letter to the editor of the Mukileto (WA) Beacon on June 20 titled "Carpe Diem indeed!"
Take Action: Ask Senators & Reps. to Cosponsor and Lead on the Reach Act!
1. *No National Grassroots Webinar in July* Stay tuned for information on select livestream sessions direct from the International Conference.
2. Good News on Appropriations for FY19. Read the round-up of good news on our blog.
3. Extended Through June: Raising Funds to Support RESULTS' Advocacy for Moms. The RESULTS Spring Friends and Family Fundraising Campaign has been extended! Check out the campaign online and help fundraisers reach their goals. Questions? Mea Geizhals, Grassroots Fundraising Manager, stands ready to help.
5. You've Been Busy. Tell Us The Stories. We wish to have information that is as accurate as possible through June so we can report to the Board and donors.
RESULTS International Conference – Policy Briefs Now Available
You all are doing outstanding work. Don't let up now.
The Reach Every Mother and Child Act (H.R.4022, S.1730) will make U.S. efforts on maternal and child health the best they can be through coordination, efficiency, and bold goals. This is the time to get this legislation passed.
As of June 27, we have 163 representatives and 28 senators on the Reach Act. We need even more cosponsors and champions in Congress to move this bill. Get senators and representatives to cosponsor the Reach Act, and if they are already cosponsors, move them up the Champion Scale by asking them to advocate for and lead on the issue. Current cosponsors have a real stake in this legislation – encourage them to help gain the support that's necessary.
Throughout June. New Member Orientations. Contact Amanda Beals, Global Grassroots Expansion Manager, for more details.
July 9, 1 pm ET and 8 pm ET. RESULTS Global Free Agents Webinars (choose one). Login: http://fuze.me/35703902. Or to join by phone only, dial (201) 479-4595, meeting ID 35703902.
July 14. NO NATIONAL GRASSROOTS WEBINAR.
July 14-17. RESULTS International Conference.
Advocacy Resources to Help You Take Action (Weekly updates, action sheets, online action alerts, and more)
Report 2018 Actions
115th Congress Congressional Scorecard: See global poverty actions your members of Congress have taken.
Contact the Grassroots Board Members of the RESULTS Board. Also, you can view the most recently published minutes from Board meetings on the RESULTS website, as well as download RESULTS’ most recent Annual Report.