Have You Thanked a Donor Today?
One of the biggest reasons donors stop contributing is simply because they don’t hear “thank you” enough. It’s such a simple thing, but it’s the most important factor in keeping our supporters engaged and feeling good about their donations.
Now is the perfect time to send a big thank you out to all our donors. Without their help, the International Conference and Lobby Day simply couldn’t happen. These weeks after Lobby Day is when our own personal excitement about our work is at the highest peak of the year. Let your group’s enthusiasm bubble over while you let them know how critical their support is to our life-saving, transformative work!
This is also a great time to communicate with supporters because summer brings a bit of a lull before our fall fundraising campaign. Many groups will hold fundraising events in the fall and many more partners will be reaching out with contribution requests during the Friends & Family letter-writing campaign. When your donors hear from you, your passion and reports of our success will make them smile. They will remember what you have said to them the next time they hold a RESULTS donation envelope in their hands.
Here are a few tips and ideas as you consider reaching out to donors this summer:
- Reach out to everyone who has donated or taken action with you in the last year or two.
- Send an e-mail with a few candid pictures attached of your group members in action in DC or in your district. This will help them feel like they are part of your RESULTS family.
- Write a letter with a few of your group’s highlights and breakthroughs from this Lobby Day and beyond. Bring it to the July 9 conference call and have everyone sign it before sending it out.
- Write a blog post for your group’s local website about your lobbying experiences and include thanks to your donors in the text.
- Emphasize your donors’ role in our successes. We couldn’t do it without them!
However you choose to communicate, don’t forget to invite folks to engage with you further by following RESULTS on Twitter, becoming a RESULTS friend on Facebook, or making a donation through the website.
We know you’ve done amazing things. Share this wonderful feeling with your extended RESULTS donor family and let them share it with you!