2016 Grassroots Board Member Election Nominations
Have you ever wanted to take a bigger role in the leadership of the RESULTS community? Do you know someone who you think would be a strong voice for guiding our national organization?
We are pleased to announce that we are now accepting nominations for the RESULTS & RESULTS Educational Fund Grassroots Board Member election, which will be held this summer. One seat will be filled in July. Lydia Pendley, the Grassroots Board Member whose term is expiring is not eligible for nomination, since she has served the two terms allowed under the RESULTS and RESULTS Educational Fund By-Laws. Nominations are due by Monday, May 2nd.
Grassroots Board Members play a vital role in the RESULTS family, representing our volunteer network on the Board of Directors and the Executive Committee of the Boards of RESULTS and RESULTS Educational Fund. We are seeking nominations of RESULTS activists who would be strong candidates for this role.
Grassroots Board Members provide an important bridge between the grassroots network, board, and organization. They help connect us with what makes RESULTS unique and successful: our passionate and active grassroots members.
The responsibilities of the Board of Directors include:
- Work with the Executive Director in shaping the direction of RESULTS & RESULTS Educational Fund
- Support strong fundraising efforts,
- Advise the organization on anti-poverty campaigns
- Approve annual budget, operational policies, and strategic plan.
The Executive Committee of the Board is the primary governing body of the organization.
- Grassroots Board Members have the following responsibilities:
- Serve a three-year term on the Board and its Executive Committee.
- Chair or serve on at least one Board Committee, e.g. Board Development, Issues, Fundraising, Bylaws or Finance Committees.
- Meet in person with the full Board twice a year at face-to-face meetings held in Washington D.C. (financial assistance available for travel costs).
- Participate in Executive Committee meetings by conference call.
- Participate in monthly phone meetings of the Grassroots Board Member committee
- Help RESULTS & RESULTS Educational Fund reach annual fundraising goals in some capacity. Examples of assistance include hosting a fundraising event, speaking at fundraising events, making personal donations to RESULTS & RESULTS Educational Fund, or identifying prospective donors
- Facilitate the elections of new Grassroots Board Members
We encourage participation from any active RESULTS volunteer including those from diverse populations, including young adults and racial and ethnic minorities. Eligible candidates to be a Grassroots Board Member must have at least one year of active experience as a RESULTS volunteer in the United States.
Nominations of candidates for the open Grassroots Board Member position must reach the RESULTS office by Monday, May 2nd. Candidates can nominate themselves or be nominated by any active RESULTS grassroots member. Please e-mail your nomination to [email protected]
After May 2nd, nominees will have to submit a photo, a brief RESULTS biography, and a statement of intent for their service on the Board by May 10th.
We hope through this nomination process that you can help us identify the great volunteers who will be our future leaders. Plus, we hope some of you will take this next step in your leadership journey. Thank you so much for your participation!
Cynthia Changyit Levin
Current Grassroots Board Members for RESULTS and RESULTS Educational Fund